Department AlertBoth Offices are typically closed from 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. on the second Thursday of each month for staff meetings.
• Next Meeting: December 14, 2023
• All 2023 Dates
822 Douglas St. · Room 102
Sioux City, IA 51101
712-279-6500 - Motor Vehicle
712-279-6495 - Property Tax
712-279-6492 - DNR
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.*
*Satellite Office is closed 12:45 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Title Transfers until 4:15 p.m. only
Do you have questions about your tax valuations, assessments and tax credits? Please visit our friends in the Assessor's Office for more information.
|County Assessor's Office||Sioux City Assessor's Office|
Treasurer's Office Departmental information
- The Motor Vehicle Division issues vehicle titles and plates and registers, and collects all vehicle fees for the residents of Woodbury County.
- The Tax Department is responsible for collection of property taxes, processing of elderly/disabled tax credits, and the annual tax sale.
- The Department of Natural Resources (DNR) issues hunting and fishing licenses and processes titles and registrations for boats, ATVs, and snowmobiles.
- The Woodbury County Treasurer's offices in Sioux City and Anthon are the only treasurer's offices in the state to offer DNR services.
- Our offices are open to the public from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. Title transfers stop at 4:15 pm. No appointments are neccesary unless you need more than 3 title transfers.
- Drive-up Window - The drive-up window at the Sioux City location is open from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and provides the following services:
- Vehicle renewals: Cash or Check only.
- Tax Payment Drop off: Checks with the tax payment stub only . Your cancelled check will be your receipt. Delinquent tax payments are not accepted at the drive-up window.
Our main office is located at:
Trosper Hoyt Building
822 Douglas St., Suite 102
Sioux City, Iowa 51101
Property Tax Contact:
Motor Vehicle Contact:
Our Satellite office is located at:
105 N. 2nd St.
Anthon, Iowa 51004
Next to the Post Office in Anthon
*(Office is closed 12:45 pm to 1:30 pm for lunch)
Please send comments, good or bad, to email@example.com.