Temporary P/T Library Clerk
$9.50 - $/hour
SummaryTemporary - Not to exceed 4 months (Up to 29 hours per week)
Responsible for processing books and other library materials, assisting county residents and patrons, and meeting other library functions, under the direction of the Woodbury County Library Director.
Essential FunctionsEssential Functions and Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Prepares new books and materials for circulation by properly marking, laminating, and applying dust jackets in accordance with established procedures.
- Assist in preparing and helping with Story-time and Summer Reading and other Library Programs
- Performs a variety of library related general office duties including typing, filing, preparation of circulation counts and reports, record keeping, webpage updates, efficient processing of books and other library materials,
- Assist in the repair of damaged library materials and basic bookkeeping work which is shared with other Library Clerks, under the direction of the County Library Director and County Assistant Librarian.
- Prepares overdue notices to be sent to patrons who are delinquent in the return of borrowed books and materials form the library and bookmobile.
- Assist patrons in the library in selecting and locating library materials and books in a helpful and courteous manner.
- Performs a variety of janitorial duties which are shared by the library staff such as sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, snow shoveling, and cleaning of bathrooms when needed.
- Willingness to work alternate Saturdays and approximately 24 hours per week.
- Perform various other duties such as special projects, reports, or assignments, as directed by County Library Director and/or County Assistant Librarian
- Attendance is required
Essential Knowledge, Experience, and Ability
Minimum Education and Experience Required to Performing Essential Functions:
- Basic knowledge of library procedures and classification systems;
- Knowledge of general library equipment and office procedures
- Knowledge of books and book services; computer skills and ability to effectively communicate with others in a tactful and courteous manner in clearly spoken English
- Candidate for hire must successfully pass a background check, a physical examination, and drug screening test prior to employment
Essential Education, Certification, and/or Licenses
ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THE APPLICATION OTHERWISE THE APPLICATION WILL NOT BE FORWARDED.
Woodbury County application is required. DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 4:30 P.M., Tuesday, January 29, 2024, or until position filled.
Woodbury County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will consider reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Employer.