Siouxland District Health FT Custodian/ Courier
Siouxland District Health
$16.48 - $/hour
SummaryResponsible for the efficient and effective accomplishment of cleaning and security duties at the Siouxland District Health Department in accordance with Health Department objectives for cleanliness, image and health.
Essential FunctionsEssential Functions and Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Responsible for the effective accomplishment of all designated cleaning work in SDHD buildings and grounds.
- Sweep, mop, buff floors and vacuum carpets; wash walls and windows; polish furniture; dust woodwork, furniture and other articles; pick up paper and debris on grounds; and pulls weeds.
- Operate cleaning machines, including carpet shampooer, burnisher and auto scrubber.
- Maintain adequate supply of paper supplies in restrooms as well as soap in dispensers.
- Deliver mail, packages and messages.
- Unload and put away shipments of delivered goods.
- Responsible for checking offices and buildings to assure that lights are out, electric coffee pots and office machines are off, windows are closed and locked and all areas are secure from outside intrusion.
- Assist with the quality improvement process within the agency.
- Ensure compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) covering the security and privacy of confidential client data. • Ensure participant records and communication with participants, co-workers and other health professionals are in accordance with Confidentiality Policy.
- Attend and participate in work-related meetings, conferences/seminars and committees.
- Assist in agency/division planning and response to disaster situations and emergency situations or events in conjunction with agency emergency plan.
- Provide customer service that is courteous and responsive.
- Demonstrate professional oral, phone and written communication skills.
- Model professional behavior to peers and participants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of building cleaning practices, supplies and equipment and ability to use them economically and efficiently.
- Ability to read chemical labels.
- Ability to work in an unstructured setting, be self-directed, independent and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to recognize need for adjustment and demonstrate flexibility to meet scheduling and agency needs.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to manage time and handle multiple tasks/responsibilities.
- Ability to work in multiple programs understanding and adhering to rules/regulations and requirements for each respective program.
- Ability to make decisions under potentially stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with participants.
- Ability to maintain accurate records, write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, in order to relate information.
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse populations representing widely divergent backgrounds, interests and points of view, including possible language/cultural barriers.
- Ability to coordinate communication and care for non-English speaking participants through use of an interpreter.
- Ability to exercise leadership with tolerance and understanding as well as with appreciation and respect for the special abilities and skills of others.
- Ability to maintain a high level of customer service.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with co-workers, management, health professionals and personnel from educational institutions, appointed and elected officials, volunteer groups and community agencies.
- Ability to interact effectively in a variety of contexts with staff, professionals, participants and the general public.
- Knowledge of communication mediums, including an understanding of computer functions i.e., Microsoft Office, data base systems, Internet, electronic mail, software programs and social network mediums.
- Ability to operate office equipment, computer, software programs and technology equipment.
- Ability to represent SDHD and perform duties in a professional, responsible and trustworthy manner.
- Ability to project a positive attitude about SDHD.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Essential Knowledge, Experience, and Ability
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Minimum one year of commercial building janitorial experience preferred, including carpet shampooer, burnisher and auto scrubber
- CPR Certification required or be willing to attend training.
- Must have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and ability to obtain car insurance at agency-specified liability level.
Deadline for receipt of applications shall be: 4:30 p.m., November 9,2023 or until filled.Woodbury County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will consider reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Employer.