Clerk II (Treasurer)
$18.68 - $/hour
SummaryWoodbury County benefits include: IPERS, Health Ins. with $250/Deductible, Free Dental, Life & LTD Insurance, Sick leave benefits, Vacation, 10 paid Holidays and 2 Personal Days!
ENTRY SALARY: $18.68/hr. (Plus Benefits)
Serve the public by phone and in person, perform a variety of tasks including computer entry, preparation and maintenance of related paperwork in a timely, accurate and efficient manner for all records relative to the Treasurer’s Department and a variety of other duties as assigned within the area of responsibility under the supervision of the County Treasurer. This position will be at least four (4) days in Sioux City and potentially one (1) day in Anthon, IA with additional days assigned as necessary to provide the proper support to the Anthon office.
Essential FunctionsEssential Functions and Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive.
Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Answers phone inquiries within scope of responsibility and refers inquiries to proper resource when necessary by means of the spoken work in clearly spoken English
- Responsible for tactfully and courteously handling taxpayer inquiries related to real estate, mobile homes, and other taxes collected by the County Treasurer. Refers inquiries to proper resources when necessary as the first phone person
- Responsible the issuing titles and registration renewals for Motor Vehicles and all duties related to the scope of responsibility as required by legislative policies, procedures and maintain knowledge of the State Codes relative to designated responsibilities of the motor vehicle department
- Responsible for transferring the titles, including issuing junking certificates, replacement titles and registration renewals
- Various clerical duties as assigned including those associated with assisting with tax sales, including the maintenance of both physical and electronic files
- Assisting customers making payment, answering questions, including current or delinquent real estate, mobile home, specials, drainage, utilities, and grain taxes as well as tax sale redemptions
- Prepares all types of licenses, titles, and legal documents for the recording processes
- Prepares and maintains appropriate files and records
- Responsible for accurate, timely, and efficient posting and balancing of licenses, titles and legal documents
- Assures that all assignments are completed in a thorough and accurate manner
- Attendance is required.
Essential Knowledge, Experience, and Ability
Minimum Education and Experience Required to Performing Essential Functions:
- Must possess High school diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED).
- Specific knowledge of a body of rules or operations for a particular functional area or areas such as might be acquired in one (1) to three (3) years of prior related experience.
- Must have experience working with Excel, Microsoft and Outlook
- Ability to learn County software
- Ability to keyboard and 10 key type accurately;
- Good recordkeeping and mathematical aptitude;
- Ability to use a calculator.
- Personal maturity to safeguard confidential information
- Ability to tactfully and courteously communicate with others by means of the spoken work in clearly spoken English
- Candidate for hire must successfully pass a background check, a physical examination, and drug screening test prior to employment.
A County application form and resume are required.Deadline for receipt of applications shall be: 4:30 p.m., Monday, August 7, 2023 or until position filled. Woodbury County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will consider reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Employer.