Building Services Maintenance Technician
$20.53 - $22.25/hour
Woodbury County benefits include: IPERS, Health Ins with $250/Ded; Free Dental, Life & LTD Ins; Sick leave benefits, Vacation, 10 paid Holidays and 2 Personal Days!
SALARY RANGE: $20.53 - $22.25/hr. (Based upon experience) (Plus Benefits)
Responsible for the efficient accomplishment of all general repair/ maintenance, including boiler, plumbing and electrical work, air conditioning maintenance; proper operation of light fixtures; and for maintaining proper inventory to accomplish the above repairs; under the direction of the Building Services Director and/or Building Services Supervisor.
Essential FunctionsEssential Functions and Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Responsible for building maintenance
- Does minor electrical and plumbing repairs
- Carries out sidewalk, driveway and parking lot maintenance including snow removal
- Performs janitorial maintenance
- Cleans basement storage rooms and custodial rooms
- Responsible for completion of related tasks as needed
- Performs a variety of related duties in an efficient and thorough manner, as assigned by County Building Services Supervisor and the Building Services Director
- Attendance is required.
Essential Knowledge, Experience, and Ability
- Possess High School diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED)
- Good mechanical knowledge and ability
- Knowledge/experience in plumbing, air conditioning and electrical repair/maintenance
- Knowledge and ability to use general tools and equipment
- Physical ability to work with hands, to stand for extended periods, to perform routine heavy manual labor (50 to 85 pounds of dead lifting and to walk stairs carrying 50 pounds) and to work during possibly adverse weather conditions.
- Good communication skills needed.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and insurance.
Must currently hold or personally obtain within 7 months a Hydronic Engineer’s License as issued by the City of Sioux City.
- Candidate for hire must successfully pass a background check, physical examination, vision, back screen and drug screening prior to employment.