Building Services FT Custodian (2)
$16.79 - $/hour
SummaryWoodbury County benefits include: IPERS, Health Ins with $250/Ded; Free Dental, Life & LTD Ins; Sick leave benefits, Vacation, 10 paid Holidays and 2 Personal Days!
ENTRY SALARY: $16.79/hour (Plus Benefits) 2 Positions – Building Services
Responsible for assisting with the efficient and effective accomplishment of all cleaning and security duties in the Courthouse and other designated offices in other buildings in accordance with County objectives for cleanliness, image and health; under the direct authority of the Building Services Supervisor and the Building Services Director.
Essential FunctionsEssential Functions and Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Cleans Woodbury County's buildings
- Responsible for the effective accomplishment of all designated cleaning work in the Courthouse and nearby County offices as directed by supervision
- Operates cleaning machines including carpet shampooer, waxer and buffer
- Maintains adequate supply of paper supplies in restrooms as well as soap in dispensers
- Responsible for leaving offices and buildings properly locked and secured
- Responsible for checking offices and buildings to assure that lights are out, electric coffee pots and office machines are off, windows are closed and locked, and all areas are secure from outside intrusion
- Responsible and accountable for seeing that all papers, documents and belongings remain undisturbed in the respective offices.
- Performs a variety of other duties relative to the scope of responsibility as assigned by the Lead Custodian or designated supervisors
- Performs a variety of other duties relative to the scope of responsibility as assigned by the Lead Custodian, Building Services Supervisor and the Building Services Director
- Attendance is required
Essential Knowledge, Experience, and Ability
- Possess High School diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED)
- Basic knowledge of janitorial procedures
- The ability to learn to operate various cleaning machines
- Must be able to read/understand labels on various cleaning chemicals, etc. in English, etc.
- Physical ability to lift at least 50 pounds and to remain standing for long periods of time
- Candidate for hire must successfully pass a background check, physical examination, vision, back screen and drug screening prior to employment.
A completed County Application form is required.
Deadline for receipt of applications shall be: 4:30 p.m., Monday, August 28, 2023 or until positions filled.Woodbury County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will consider reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Employer.